Friday, April 28, 2006

Work is Halted


I am stopping work for at least a week. I have done most of the brazeons on the frame. I have only the brake bridges and cantilever bosses to go. My problem is that I need a 26" wheel to measure where I want to put the bridges that the fenders will attach to. My wheel builder is on a week long bike tour so I won't be dropping rims and hubs at her house any time soon. I'll probably fill my time by filing the lugs down to a nicer shape. The Hank James lugs are rougher than some of the other lugsets I have. I'm not sure that is the bad though. Since I'm not in it for production, file work is OK. I already am planning the next bike. It will be for my wife. She currently has a Brian Baylis frame, but it does not fit her near right. I'd like to build her a frame with 72-73 degree head angle and a slightly longer wheelbase than in fashion with 8cm of bb drop. I have not settled on fork rake yet. I'll probably shoot for a low to mid 50's trail. She'd like me to use the richieissimo lugset. I'm feeling brave so I'd like to use Newvex. My third bike will be a track bike and I'll use the Newvex.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home