Monday, April 17, 2006

Long Day


It was a long day. 14 hours of instruction and practicing. My class mates Robert, Scott Mitch and Ernst made it all go pretty fast. We started out the day reviewing the steps of frame design and construction. That step lasted until lunch. After lunch Doug reviewed with everyone how to use a torch. Then we put flame to crown and stirrer. I think I did pretty good on my first and second attempts. I got the silver to flow pretty easy and filled all the spots it needed to go with with very little charring. It was cool. After our brake for dinner at the local micro brew pub I attempted the real crown. Things didn't go well so we pulled the crown from the steerer and i'll do it right in the morning with some sleep. Were going to need to get things going to finish Friday so I'll not be posting here like I thought I could. Check the pic above to see my best work of the day. Goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home